This Policy applies to.
In the event of any conflict between the terms contained herein and those of the User Guidelines, the User Guidelines will govern and control.
Table of contents
- 1. Scope
- 2. Interpretation
- 4. Changes to Websites
- 5. Registration
- 6. User Content Guidelines
- 7. User Conduct Guidelines
- 8. Intellectual Property Rights
- 9. Disclaimers
- 10. Indemnification
- 11. Termination
- 12. Venue and Governing Law
- 13. Copyright dispute policy
- 14. Miscellaneous
- 15. Contact details
The following terms, when capitalised, shall have the meanings ascribed to them below:
4. Changes to Websites
We may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Websites at any time, including, but not limited to, content, availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
Eachthing grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited right to access and use the Website. In order to gain full access and use of the Website, you must create a profile and register as a user (hereinafter referred to as "Registered User").
You are only permitted to register one profile per person on the Website. The profile is personal and you must not transfer it to others.
During the registration process, you must choose a username. The username will be shown on the Website whenever you write or comment on recommendations or request. It will also be shown when you produce user-generated content (see 6.1 below) on the Website. Therefore, you must consider whether you wish to use a username from which you can be identified by others. The username must not:
- be offensive or in other ways insulting,
- contain the terms "Guest", "Admin", "Demo", "*.com", "*.us", "*.dk", etc. or
Changes to the username can be made from your user settings.
Furthermore, we reserve the right, at any time and without notice or explanation, to delete your profile and user-generated content (see section 6). In this case, our disclaimer applies without limitations.
You are not permitted to gain access or attempt to gain access to the parts of the Website requiring user registration if you are not a Registered User.
6. User Content Guidelines
Please also read our detailed and current User Community Guidelines, which you accept when using our services.
By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Websites, you agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate;
- contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity;
- contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd;
- violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- advocates violent behavior;
- poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety;
- contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitative, prurient, or gratuitous purposes;
- is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by Eachthing, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Websites;
- does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area;
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation; or
- uses the name or likeness of an identifiable natural person without such person’s consent.
You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly Eachthing endorsement of User Content.
You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Websites will not be permitted. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to remove or edit User Content submitted by you.
We are not responsible for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and do not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Websites. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
7. User Conduct Guidelines
The following terms apply to your conduct when accessing or using the Websites:
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Websites or the servers or networks connected to the Websites, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Websites;
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Websites, use of the Websites, or access to the Websites;
- You agree not to engage in any activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, the Eachthing or any Eachthing employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; and
- You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about users of the Websites or posting private information about a third party.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
All content, message, information, data, text, graphics, images, photographs, trademarks, logos, icons, user interfaces, sounds, music, videos, artwork, software and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the “look and feel”, layout, design, structure, color scheme, selection, combination and arrangement of the Content present on the Websites is owned by or licensed to us. Such Content is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and various other intellectual property and unfair competition laws.
Except with our express written permission or as permitted by applicable laws, you may not copy, modify, alter, distribute, reproduce, mirror, frame, publicly display, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works of, re-publish or transmit the Websites or Content (in whole or in part) in any way or through any medium for distribution, publication or any commercial purpose.
You may display, copy and download Content from the Websites solely for your personal and non-commercial use provided that: (a) you do not remove any copyright or proprietary notice from the Content; (b) such Content will not be copied or posted on any networked computer or published in any medium; and (c) no modifications are made to such Content.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EACHTHING, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEBSITES, NOR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITES.
THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ’AS IS’ AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. EACHTHING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES MAY BE MODIFIED, UPDATED, INTERRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EACHTHING, OR ITS FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE WEBSITES, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE WEBSITES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF EACHTHING OR FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT EACHTHING OR FUTURE PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
We make no representations or warranties with respect to any User Content published on the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Eachthing may at all times investigate and edit (including anonymizing) User Content, e.g. if such actions are:
- prompted by third party requests;
- required under applicable law; or
- necessary for the User Content’s compliance with our User Community Guidelines.
We disclaim all liability for the content of User Content. Our non-liability applies, without limitation, to any User Content, including User Content which has been edited by us (see 9.2). We are not liable for any links to third party websites in the User Content, including for the content of the page to which the User Content links.
Recommendations, recommendations, comments, etc. of specific companies, services, e-businesses, etc. on the Website are provided by Registered Users and are not endorsements made by us. We disclaim all liability for the content of the Website. The use of our services is in any respect the sole responsibility of the Registered Users. We cannot be held liable for the availability of the Website.
We disclaim any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing the Websites, you acknowledge and agree to our disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Websites.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Eachthing, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Websites by you. Eachthing reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this section. In such event, you shall provide Eachthing with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Eachthing.
12. Venue and Governing Law
Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Websites, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Websites shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of the jurisdiction of the Danish court system applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
13. Copyright dispute policy
It is Eachthing’s policy to (i) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers or members or users; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. Eachthing has adopted a policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). This policy is available at eachthing.com/policies/copyright-dispute and contains instructions for contacting Eachthing’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent").
Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
15. Contact details
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +45 5020 8000
Write us: Eachthing ApS, Klosterport 4, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark